In M10 we have been looking at the features of procedural texts as well as learning about the Olympic Games in Rio de Janiero. We have combined our two learning areas to write this recipe of “How to Create an Olympian”. As a class we read and watched interviews with current Olympians about what they had to do so they were chosen to compete in the Olympic Games. Here is what we think it takes to be an Olympian
How to Create an Olympian
1 litre of passion for your sport
10 cups practice and training
9 cups of physical fitness
1 kilogram of persistence
1 bucket of goals
5 litres discipline
750mL good sportsmanship
5 cups of sacrifices made
200g of resilience
150g mental strength
1-2 cups of motivation
1 cup leadership skills
5 tbsp positive attitude
3 tbsp healthy diet
6 tsp being an ambassador for your country
4 tbsp focus
3 tsp inspiration
6 mL teamwork
4mL love challenges
60g do your best
45g have fun
Other necessary equipment
good team mates
strong role models
1. Start with 1 litre of passion for your chosen sport and squeeze in 5 tbsp of positive attitude.
2. Add to this passion, 1 bucket full of goals, 3 tsp inspiration, 1-2 cups of motivation and mix this together with some strong role models.
3. Stir gently with a supportive family and then add 50g of competitiveness and 45g of having fun. Sprinkle in 500g of dedication and stir through 5 cups of practice and training.
4. To this mixture, fold in 150g of mental strength, 5 cups of sacrifices made, 9 cups of physical fitness and 1 kilogram of persistence. Add in 3 tbsp of healthy diet and mix until smooth.
5. Leave the mixture to rise, then whisk through another 5 cups of practice and training combined with a good coach.
6. Quickly pour 5 litres of discipline into the mix and melt through with 750mL of good sportsmanship. Drop in 60g of doing your best before the mixture dries.
7. Now spoon through 6 mL of teamwork and combine this with good team mates.
8. Crush in 200g of resilience and then bake until it has risen to great heights.
9. In a separate bowl, mix by hand 1 cup of leadership skills, 6 tsp of being an ambassador for your country, 4 tbsp of focus and finally add 4mL of a love of challenges. Beat this together until it is nice and smooth. Collect mixture from oven and then spread this topping over the baked mixture.
10. Finally dust the finished mixture with 500g pride in yourself and your achievements.
As long as you want to achieve your goals it doesn’t matter what age you are, what gender you are, what religion you are, what colour skin you have or what country you come from. You just need to be made up of these ingredients to succeed!