The Knowledge Zone is an online space where we share our work with our families and friends all around the world. When we, or our family and friends write comments on our blog, we are adding to the learning we are doing. We should all remember though that The Knowledge Zone is a public space and that what we post can be read by anyone.
Here are some guidelines for keeping yourself and others safe while working in this space
- When you write on the blog, use your first name only. Never use your full name.
- Do not post your address, phone number, email address or other personal details on The Knowledge Zone.
- Think before you post. Never post comments that may hurt someone’s feelings or offend someone.
Remember that blogging is about reading, thinking, and responding. We want to read your thoughts and ideas, just keep them appropriate for a public audience.
Writing a great comment
- Make sure you are writing about the same topic as the post.
- Be positive, interested, and encouraging. People have worked hard to prepare each post. You can disagree with the content of the post but be polite about it.
- Make it a post worth reading. Re-read your comment before you hit submit and check for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Don’t use chat or texting language like lol, i, or u.
Let’s work together to make The Knowledge Zone a great place to share and learn.